Frequently asked questions about Savings Bank's services
Are you having trouble using the online bank? Unable to use your payment card? What are the opening hours to your closest branch? We have gathered the most common question asked from our customer service.
We recommend that you always log in to the online bank through the saastopankki.fi website. You can go to the Savings Bank online bank by clicking the button “Netbank” in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
If you are having trouble logging into the online bank, check that your browser is up to date. It may also help if you delete your browser history and cookies. You can also try another browser. Bookmarks or links may be outdated and cause problems.
I locked my online banking codes by accident
If you locked your online banking codes, you have two options:
- If you have previously registered for the service for unlocking bank codes, you can open the codes yourself. In this case, when trying to log in to the online bank, you will see the message “Verkkopankkitunnuksesi lukittu. Voit avata lukituksen tästä” When you click “tästä”, you will be able to continue. You will receive a code by text message, to the phone number that you have registered for the service. Use this code and follow the steps to unlock the codes.
- If you have not registered for the service, you should visit you closest branch with cashier services, or book an appointment to a branch of you choice. Remember to bring identification (passport or ID-card). You can check the opening hours here (in Finnish). If you cannot proceed, please submit a contact request.
- If your online banking codes have been locked due to entering a wrong password and if you have previously registered for the service for unlocking bank codes, you can open the codes yourself. Note: Please follow the on-screen instructions (the instructions are in Finnish).
In this case, when trying to log in to the online bank, you will see the message “Verkkopankkitunnuksesi lukittu. Voit avata lukituksen tästä” or “Nätbankskoderna har gått i lås. Du kan öppna koderna här.” When you click the underlined word “tästä” or “här”, you will be able to continue. You will receive a code by text message, to the phone number that you have registered for the service. Use this code, and follow the steps to unlock the codes.
- If the codes have been locked for another reason and you have the online banking codes of another bank operating in Finland, please call our customer service.
If you are having trouble using your card, make sure that:
- you have enough money in your account to make the payment
- the card has not expired
- the usage restrictions are not fulfilled. As a private customer, you can see the security limits in your online bank and make any adjustments needed. The security limits of corporate customers can be changed by sending an online message.
- If your card, especially the chip has visible damage, send a message through the online bank about the issue, and we will order a new card to replace the damaged one.
You can also contact us in the online bank’s chat with authentication.
- The payment card has been locked due to entering a wrong password entry at an Otto ATM: Call +358 10 773 6730.
- The payment card has been locked at a payment terminal: If you remember your PIN code, you can unlock the card by visiting an Otto ATM.
- If you have a company’s Eurocard credit card, please contact the service provider directly.
If you cannot pay in an online store, here are a few possible reasons:
- Make sure that there is enough balance on your account and that you have enabled online purchases with your card
- Recommendation: Use the Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser as there have been problems with the Safari browser.
- If you are a corporate customer, please use the cardholder’s personal Savings Bank online banking codes.
The Savings Banks primary service languages are Finnish and Swedish, however, several of our customer service representatives, and experts speak English and are happy to help you. We recommend that you use the online bank’s chat or submit a contact request form.
Please note that the bank has the right to require the customer to arrange official interpretation for using the bank’s services.
Please be aware that our documents are only available in Finnish or Swedish, so knowledge in either of the two is a prerequisite, or that you have someone to translate for you.
You can book an appointment to a branch, directly in our booking calendar, (the calendar is in Finnish).
If you are an English speaker, please enter a comment about this in the “More information” section of the appointment. Please note that the bank has the right to require the customer to arrange official interpretation for using the bank’s services.
Identity verification - what documents are accepted?
Online banking messages is a secure way to take care of your banking errands. With an online message, you can:
- Request for a refund if you accidentally made a payment to an unknown recipient. However, if you know the person who received the payment, ask them directly to repay the money back to you.
- Make an address change.
- Make changes to the user rights to your account.
- Make changes to your bank statement, for examples switching from paper to online bank statements.
- Ask for old banks statements, which are no longer available to find directly from the online banking portal.
- Make changes to your children’s payment card usage limits. This requires a message from both parents.
- Order a new payment card to replace a damaged one.
- Ask for an account statement.
Other banking errands
We do not offer currency exchange at all of our branches, as the need for the service has decreased noticeably. You can exchange money securely at, for example, Forex or at the airport.
You can also withdraw local currency with your Savings Bank card in Visa approved ATM’s abroad.
As a student, you can get the Savings Bank’s Credit / Debit card with a credit limit of 2,000 euro if you have completed at least 50 credits in a domestic university.
Apply for the card in your online bank, and send your university statement of records for processing to the address: email@example.com.